[E-voting] "State of the Problem" Document?

Keith Martin keith at keith.gs
Mon Jul 4 10:06:19 IST 2005

> Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2005 23:31:28 +0100
> From: Catherine Ansbro <cansbro at eircom.net>
> Subject: [E-voting] more revelations from the USA
> There has been so much happening on the US e-voting front that I haven't
> made any attempt to keep ICTE up to date.  Let me try to redress this by
> summarising briefly some of the key points that are coming up:
<snip>

Catherine (et al)

You've given a very good summary there.  Any chance we could turn it into
something that could be read by someone who's not aware of the issues to date
(e.g. qualifying who diebold are, what different terms mean the first time you
use them)?  I think it would be really useful to hand out to people we want to
lobby on the issue as a "state of the problem" type document.
Or perhaps we should be trying to come up with a one or two page "introductory"
document through a wiki?  I'm just thinking of something we can give to someone
who knows a little about either elections or electronics and who we want to
bring up to speed.  e.g. computer professionals, politicians, etc

KEITH