[E-voting] terrorism and electronic elections

Andrew Ó Baoill andrew at funferal.org
Mon Jul 11 00:00:13 IST 2005

Of course if remote voting were allowed in a highly-polarised
situation, like in Iraq, the potential for impinging on the secrecy
of the ballot - e.g. requiring that people "allow" others to observe
them vote  - would become a major concern. Closer to home, can you
imagine if remote electronic voting was allowed in, for example, West
Belfast?

Andrew