[E-voting] terrorism and electronic elections

Pierre Muller pmmaillists at free.fr
Mon Jul 11 00:38:03 IST 2005

vote at electronic-vote.org a écrit :
> Nowadays we face TERRORISM as one of the most dangerous attack to our
> Democracies.
I think that reactions to terrorism are more dangerous than terrorism.
"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself" (Franklin D. Roosevelt).
Not exactly GWB style...
Anyway, it wouldn't be easy for me to use that kind of argument, because
everyday I hear:
- we need e-ID because of terrorism
- we need biometrics because of terrorism
- we need to watch your e-mails because of terrorism
- we need more severe laws because of terrorism
etc...

But e-terrorism will happen (has already happened ?).

--
Pierre Muller
webmestre de http://www.recul-democratique.org