[E-voting] terrorism and electronic elections

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Mon Jul 11 01:14:02 IST 2005

On Mon 11 Jul 2005 00:00, Andrew Ó Baoill wrote:

> Closer to home, can you
> imagine if remote electronic voting was allowed in, for example, West
> Belfast?

You probably know more about W Belfast than me,
but the few people I know who live there
would be very unlikely to be intimidated into voting
as someone else (even their husbands) wanted.

In any case, my point was rather different.
I can imagine a situation where the Provos (in the past)
might have "advised" people not to vote
and frightened a number into not going to the polls.
In such circumstances voting from home might be the only solution.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366