[E-voting] terrorism and electronic elections

David O'Callaghan david.ocallaghan at cs.tcd.ie
Mon Jul 11 15:23:59 IST 2005

Hi,

On 11/07/05 15:09, Brian O'Byrne wrote:
> PS: Consider: if the goal of the TERRORIST is to change a nation's
> policy they can do that without attacking the voting system. Witness
> the elections in Spain, with a vote just two days after a terrorist
> attack. It is very likely that the attack changed the result of the
> vote, even though the voting system was not attacked.

I know this is heading off topic, but I'm not sure why you think it is
"very likely" that the Madrid attack changed the result of the election.
It was clear long before the attack that the people of Spain were not
happy with their government, in particular because of the government's
support of the US/UK invasion of Iraq.

David