[E-voting] Re: post-counting phase is not citizen controlled was post-voting phase was terrorism and electronic elections

Pierre Muller pmmaillists at free.fr
Tue Jul 12 01:01:08 IST 2005

Catherine Ansbro a écrit :
> I agree that it is more secure to count the ballots at the polling
> place.  That is not possible with our PR-STV system, since the
> preferences only have meaning when combined with all the other
> preferences in the larger voting area.
We have a problem in France : less and less interest into being a
polling clerk (we are volunteer), or to watch ballot counting : polling
clerks sometimes have to convince last voters to stay. I imagine that a
centralized ballot counting attract more people : mechanically, and
because being more attractive (more people, more suspense)

Pierre Muller
webmestre de http://www.recul-democratique.org
Citoyens sceptiques sur le vote électronique.