[E-voting] Re: terrorism and electronic elections

paul.holden at icsmember.ie paul.holden at icsmember.ie
Tue Jul 12 13:01:19 IST 2005

For me, questions remain: If we end up with VVAT, and we decide to check by
sampling, what happens if the sample audit uncovers a discrepancy between the
paper and the electronic votes? Is the paper taken as the true vote in that
constituency only, or is the entire electronic election declared invalid in
favour of the paper? And if a margin of error is allowed, how big is that
margin? What triggers a full manual count in all constituencies?

 Quoting e-voting-request at lists.stdlib.net: