[E-voting] UK govt circular mentions open-source e-voting

Craig Burton caburt at alphalink.com.au
Thu Jul 21 13:10:20 IST 2005

Aengus,
Voters need to build their own voting systems and I have plans to use
comic rays to convert the list to an evoting hegemony.

I am aware of the many problems evoting presents and I don't advocate
any of the current or proposed evoting machines in poll sites.
I recall this list considered that trustworthy evoting would be
acceptable.  Someone else on this list (I can't recall) stated it's not
the job of the list to propose alternatives, but merely to comment(?) on
whether systems are adequate(?) or not.
Well, I hope the forum might also consider what might be adequate.
Checksum lookups would not be a good task to expect voters to execute to
help them "trust" the system.
Trust of the system, any system, will always be our confidence that
mutually distrusting parties observe all parts of the system and each
other and don't complain.  Is this arrangement beyond technology?
Best,
Craig.