[E-voting] UK govt circular mentions open-source e-voting

cansbro at eircom.net cansbro at eircom.net
Thu Jul 21 17:57:00 IST 2005

Colm said,

"A citizen can just contact their returning officer and ask for a ticket
though, and I've never heard of them being refused."

Are you sure about this?  My experience as a candidate is that these
tickets are in short supply.  I always got phone calls from candidates from
other parties asking if I had any extra tickets.  I don't think I'd get
phone calls like this if they could have gotten a ticket from the returning
officer.

For one thing, space is limited so they'd have to set some limits for fire
safety reasons, if nothing else.

Does anyone else know of citizens contacting their returning officer to get
a ticket?  Maybe this would work if they did it well in advance, and/or if
they "knew" the returning officer, and/or if they knew who to contact.  How
many people would know who to contact?