[E-voting] UK govt circular mentions open-source e-voting

David GLAUDE dglaude at poureva.be
Thu Jul 21 22:04:59 IST 2005

Assuming I was a non programmer citizen, I would not trust programmer of
any kind or from any party. Nor would I trust expert.

The election should be in the hand of the citizen and one should not
need expert or "programmer" to get the result of the election.

I trust in "randomly selected" citizen that work durring the election
night under scrutiny of party representative from every side.

One of my line to explain the problem is:
"What if the party of programmer does present itself to the election and
get 51% of the popular vote?"

Would you trust the result of that election?
Who would you ask to verify the code?

David GLAUDE