[E-voting] UK govt circular mentions open-source e-voting

Marian Beddill beddill at nas.com
Sun Jul 24 21:26:43 IST 2005

I am of course not privy to the corporate plans of the company, just what
we see, even though they are only 90-miles from me, and I once visited
their shop with a civic group (LWV).

But my reference to a change is very recent - 4-months or so. They have
long been intensely opposed to VVPB as something that undercuts their
essential product, online verification of even online votes.  But you are
likely right, that since "...some State laws have been written, VVPB is
non-negotiable, and as a commercial concern they have to live with that....".

Without detailing, I have observed that their concentration has been on
encryption, and poor on marketing.

Marian