[E-voting] "Black box" irregularities in the House of Representatives?

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Sun Jul 31 22:11:51 IST 2005

On Sun 31 Jul 2005 17:13, Catherine Ansbro wrote:
> A major US int'l trade agreement just passed by 1 vote (CAFTA).  And
> guess what.  One guy claims his vote was not recorded correctly.  Even
> though he objected at the time, the law has still passed.

I realise this is not a very popular view on this list,
but if an issue is that closely balanced,
I don't think it matters too much if it goes the wrong way.

Equally, I don't think it is the end of the world
if a few votes are miscounted in an election
(as I am sure they are).

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366