[E-voting] Response to the tender

Adrian Colley aecolley at spamcop.net
Thu Jun 2 15:34:22 IST 2005

On Thu, Jun 02, 2005 at 10:20:44AM +0100, Colm MacCárthaigh wrote:
> In that context, ICTE propose that at zero-cost we will re-supply our
> reports and material to the department highlighting the fundamental
> requirement for a Voter-Verified Audit-Trail and hope that the
> Department will see fit to avoid needless public expenditure on further
> examination of a system which can so easily be demonstrated to be
> severely lacking in basic security.

That's a silly stunt, but also a brilliant move.  Unless there's some
way that we could look foolish for this, I think we should do it and use
it as the basis for a press release.  The DoEHLG apparently intends to
keep testing its insecure system instead of making it secure.  It would
be comical if it didn't involve public expenditure.

 --Adrian.

--
GPG 0x43D3AD19 17D2 CA6E A18E 1177 A361  C14C 29DB BA4B 43D3 AD19
http://user-aecolley.jini.org/