[E-voting] Response to the tender
colm at stdlib.net
Thu Jun 2 16:42:31 IST 2005
On Thu, Jun 02, 2005 at 04:06:52PM +0100, Brian O'Byrne wrote:
> If there is work you can delegate, send some of it here.
> I think it is a great idea and will happily give some time.
Well, for one thing, we need:
1. A section on ICTE's level of experience and any
expertise in this area.
2. a list of our past reports and texts, a brief
summary, description, mention the authors and so
3. Maybe also mention our meeting with the Dept.
4. A paragraph or two which explains the Evoting security
is also a function of the (terrible) Electoral Act,
and that this needs reform - but that the proper place
for this debate and advice is in the Oireactas, not
a consultants report. Basically another reason why a
consultants report is a waste of time and money.
Maybe also use this space to opportunisticly point
out that the Oireachtas will not be sitting during
the term of work.
5. More explanation and rationalisation of the waste of
money factor. Including a short and simple explanation
of why the lack of a VVAT makes it all so pointless.
6. Figure out which portions of the invitation require
mandatory responses. We can avoid the tax clearance
cert easily enough (on the basis of not being a company,
and proposing to do no work, for no cost).
7. Factor it such that we can justify our response
in the terms of the individual evaluation criteria,
making it as difficult as possible for the tender
to be simply disregarded,
Colm MacCárthaigh Public Key: colm+pgp at stdlib.net
More information about the E-voting