[E-voting] Irish Times Article - eVoting Testing to Resume

David GLAUDE dglaude at poureva.be
Thu Jun 2 23:45:55 IST 2005

Keith Martin wrote:
> software encryption and safeguards;

I still don't understand why where and when there should be encryption
in an non-remote eVoting system.

The reason I ask is because there is also encryption (apparently the
belgian algorithm Rijndael) in the Belgian system...

I can understand checksum, digital signature, ... but encryption I don't
understand.

Also when a bank make a security assessement, they want to protect
against the customer not beeing able to withdraw mony without their bank
account beeing affected...

With eVoting you might want to try to protect from a voter voting twice
or changing the result. But do you try to protect against insider
putting an eastern egg that can trigger 10% of extra vote for the
candidate that was selected and cancelled 3 time in a raw.

David GLAUDE