Election supervisors was Re: [E-voting] Special Report: Black Box Voting Attempts to Penetrate The Leon County Florida Optical Scan Voting System.

A.J.Delaney at brighton.ac.uk A.J.Delaney at brighton.ac.uk
Tue Jun 7 12:06:47 IST 2005

Hey all,
On Mon, 2005-06-06 at 21:33 +0100, Catherine Ansbro wrote:
> Wow. From the Supervisor of Elections, no less.
That's a well written (but unsurprising from our point of view)
conclusion.

There has been talk about returning officers on this list before.  I've
a few questions about them
* Are they appointed by political parties or simply concerned citizens
with an interest in politics?
* Is there a list of returning officers for Ireland? (My Google-fu
fails)
* Is there a better description of their duties than this
http://www.acts.ie/zza23y1992.6.html#zza23y1992s31 ?

Lastly, would it be profitable for us to contact returning officers
detailing how a lack of VVAT effects their jobs, explaining that they
will never be able to verify the outcome of the elections they
supervise?
--
Aidan Delaney
Lecturer,