[E-voting] [Fwd: Green TD calls for pilot e-voting project for TDs - Make el

Ryan Meade ryan at meade.net
Thu Jun 16 15:08:20 IST 2005

> The convenience/efficiency side makes sense.  But would anyone check up on
> whether or not their votes were recorded accurately?  I suspect not.

There was a case just a few weeks ago in which a Government deputy sought to correct the record of the house to show that he had indeed voted with the government on a particular motion.  He had been sitting in the wrong seat and thus his vote was recorded as being that of another member.  He considered it important enough to approach the Ceann Comhairle about it, and he was allowed to make a statement.

So, yes, members do check up as to whether their votes were recorded accurately.

Ryan