[E-voting] e Challenge 2005 (conference 19 - 21 October 2005, Ljubljana, Slovenia)

Pierre Muller pmmaillists at free.fr
Mon Jun 20 16:34:26 IST 2005

David O'Callaghan a écrit :
> The proposed Estonian system is an online voting system that's closely
> tied to the Estonian national ID smart card. I recently was at a
> presentation on the subject of the ID card.
>
> Not only do you have to trust the anonymizer and counting software, but
> you also have to trust your own PC, including the special evoting software.
>
> For more information on the ID card see http://www.id.ee/, although I
> can find only one press release that mentions e-voting.

The Estonian president Arnold Ruutel recently vetoed a law about
internet voting, because of not enough security. But he just want to do
it more carefully. He also mentionned that an internet voter could
change its vote.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/05/26/estonia_evoting/
and (in French)
http://www.atelier.fr/institutions/president,estonien,repousse,echeance,vote,electronique-29890-41.html