[E-voting] Discussion on IrishLaw list

Ryan Meade ryan at meade.net
Fri Jun 24 21:44:58 IST 2005

> I've been a spoils adjudaticator a number of times, and in my experience
> I don't think they do. Sinn Fein, in the other hand, do seem to get a
> very disproportionate number of spoils.

My experience of adjudicating spoils is probably more limited, but I've
certainly seen plenty of examples of the fabled "three Xs" for Fianna Fáil
candidates.  It's the only discernable pattern in terms of unintentional
spoils, so I'm not surprised to hear it cited as a motivation for Fianna
Fáilers to back e-voting.

Ryan