[E-voting] Request for press contacts

Colm MacCarthaigh colm at stdlib.net
Wed Jun 29 11:07:02 IST 2005

On Wed, Jun 29, 2005 at 10:20:05AM +0100, Margaret McGaley wrote:
> I've had a request from the Irish Free Software Organisation (IFSO) to
> pass on some press contacts for press releases and targeted campaigns. I
> want to help, but obviously I don't want to be the cause of spam. I'm
> considering going through the e-voting_press list and filtering for
> obviously press email addresses and passing those on. Any other
> ideas/opinions?

I got the same request, and already did the (not exactly short) job of
filtering it down to a list of publicly-available and obviously
press-room email addresses :)

I limited it to those because I think doing anything else would be a
breach of the data protection act, which lets us use and distribute
those addresses only for the purpose they were gathered.

I never even thought to mail this mailing list about it, which now
thinking about it - I really should have done.

Colm MacCárthaigh                        Public Key: colm+pgp at stdlib.net