[E-voting] Submission to the PDs

Colm MacCarthaigh colm at stdlib.net
Wed Jun 29 15:05:43 IST 2005

On Wed, Jun 29, 2005 at 02:06:37PM +0100, Margaret McGaley wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> The first draft of my submission to the PDs is here:
> http://www.cs.may.ie/~mmcgaley/e-voting/

Looks great, a very good succinct document. The only things I can think
of are maybe adding a bit more about the very realistic threat due to
non-malicious error, ranging from coding problems to cosmic rays.

In section 3, it may be useful to point out that the Evoting panel of
the ICS - the body for computer professionals in Ireland - says that a
VVAT is a neccessary pre-requisite for any Evoting, and the ACM survey
is always an astounding statistic of support. Though it is worth
explaining what the ACM is, since the Association for Computer Machinery
makes us all sound like a bunch of people who fix photocopiers.

Colm MacCárthaigh                        Public Key: colm+pgp at stdlib.net