[E-voting] About Estonian e-voting

Michael McMahon michael at hexmedia.com
Fri Oct 21 14:07:07 IST 2005

I don't see how voters can verify with this system that their vote
was recorded correctly. It seems to me that the downloaded
applet/ActiveX thingy could
switch anyone's vote, and noone (not even the auditors) would be any the
wiser.

It's the old problem again. You can make it either provably secret,
or provably accurate, but it's very hard to do both.

Michael.