[Fwd: Re: [E-voting] About Estonian e-voting]

Craig Burton caburt at alphalink.com.au
Wed Oct 26 07:43:53 IST 2005

Colm MacCarthaigh wrote:

>On Tue, Oct 25, 2005 at 08:18:29PM +1000, Craig Burton wrote:
>

>>If it were trivially easy it would be trivially easy for you to find
>>examples. It isn't.
>>

>When you display sufficient clue to understand, and more importantly
>provide good feedback and review on, any specifics; I might consider
>providing you with examples.
>
>If you'd like to refute that input/output layers can be subterfuged,
>just as with all software, we're all eyes.

Well  I simply pasted "input/output layers can be subterfuged" (no
quotes) into Google and I got this:
http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q=input%2Foutput+layers+can+be+subterfuged&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

If you are describing this catastrophic problem in the right geek-speak,
I would have expected a few thousand hits at least.

Thank you for all your consideration and ready provision of facts and
figures, given you have apparently built a good case against the use of
software for voting -- or you wouldn't be on the list.  I'm not going to
be the last person to try and find out what all these cases are.  At
least I'm trying.