[E-voting] democracy commission supports e-voting at all Irish election

Catherine Ansbro cansbro at eircom.net
Wed Oct 26 13:39:36 IST 2005

I just rang tasc (01 6169050) and spoke to Grainne Murphy (I may not
have the last name correct).  I told her of my disbelief and concern
that such a recommendation could be made.  I said implementing such a
recommendation could in one step wipe out ALL democracy in Ireland.  I
said I sincerely hoped this decision was made based on naive ignorance
of the technical issues, but it made me question what agenda was
motivating tasc and democratic dialogue.

Grainne said  the decisions were made by the Commissioners.  She said
she'd pass on my concerns to the Coordinator of the Democracy
Commission, Clauda Harris, and ask her to contact me.

I told Grainne that it was likely that this recommendation could undo
(and override) all the excellent work the Commission had done, and could
lead to the discussion on the Report's findings being hijacked by this
controversy.

Catherine