[E-voting] formal response?

Catherine Ansbro cansbro at eircom.net
Wed Oct 26 14:35:24 IST 2005

Should one/several of us send Clodagh Harris/Democracy Commission a
formal response, and should be put out a press release?

Was anyone in ICTE consulted by anyone on the Democracy Commission in
relation to e-voting and implications for democracy?  The report makes
it clear to me that they were well-meaning but uninformed.  (And the
spoilt vote issue is raised again.  But they didn't mention any
democratic options of voting for "none of the above" or the capability
to deliberately spoil one's vote as part of democratic expression--at
least, not in what I've seen so far.)

We all want to encourage participation in democratic processes.  But not
at the risk of destroying election integrity.