[E-voting] democracy commission - relevant sections

Catherine Ansbro cansbro at eircom.net
Wed Oct 26 15:00:44 IST 2005

The trouble is that the MEDIA is highlighting this.  They have pulled
out 2 issues to focus on:
1) recommendation that political parties offer a gender-balanced slate
of candidates
2) recommendation that electronic voting be used for all Irish
elections  (they didn't mention the VVAT; the reporters probably just
skimmed the executive summary)

Naturally the media wants to create controversy to drive up
listeners/readers.

If we don't counter it in some way it leaves the recommendation
unchallenged.

Catherine