[E-voting] The best VVAT is good for

Patrick Kobly patrick at kobly.com
Thu Oct 27 00:06:54 IST 2005

Catherine Ansbro wrote:

> I wish we could get some kind of hand counting done at the voting
> places.  I don't yet see any practical way of doing this.

Explain to me like I'm a little baby why this doesn't work.  Being in
Canada, where the paper ballots are counted in the voting places, this
comment is a bit surprising.  I understand the rules and counting
procedures are different.  Perhaps a pointer that describes the process
in detail would be useful.  I'm interested in which aspects of the
process limit the paralellizability of counting.

PK