[E-voting] UK shelves plans for e-voting trials

Craig Burton caburt at alphalink.com.au
Thu Sep 8 05:35:52 IST 2005

Ouch.  Fortunately postal voting will save the day.

It's cheaper* than REV, it's safer** than REV and people love it***.
* But the cost goes up with scale.  I can't believe it would be cheaper
for 20M voters.
** Four convictions so far for postal pilot fraud, REV zero.
Per-household registrations : all the fun of family voting.  And do you
get a receipt?
*** 95% REV users wanted it to be ongoing.  We'll see about postal - I
predict the uptake will fall

Good luck Estonia!