[E-voting] UK shelves plans for e-voting trials

Catherine Ansbro cansbro at eircom.net
Thu Sep 8 12:24:41 IST 2005

Craig,

Both Remote E-Voting and Postal Voting are open invitations to fraud.
It is dangerous and disingenuous to frame this as an "either/or"
question between these 2 options.

There is no point getting more people involved in voting if in doing so
the integrity of the entire election is compromised.  In fact, this
strategy is doubly dangerous because it is potentially grossly
misleading:  it could lead people to think they are having a say by
participating in an election, when in fact the election method has
deprived them of their vote.

Catherine