[E-voting] Any statisticians subscribed? Looking for a tipping point.

Catherine Ansbro cansbro at eircom.net
Thu Sep 8 20:27:24 IST 2005

I don't know enough about the seals.  What are the seals like on the
regular ballot boxes?  Are they different from the seals used on the
e-voting machines, which could be peeled off and stuck back on again?

Your point about the Good Friday referendum is powerful.  It's an
excellent example of why not to use e-voting.  (And in fact if e-voting
had been used it could easily have produced artificial results.
Everyone would have been right to be distrustful of any results.)

It's crucial that ordinary citizens be able to fully inspect everything
themselves--the seals, the counting of the actual ballots, etc.

Catherine