[E-voting] Compulsory voting

Craig Burton caburt at alphalink.com.au
Fri Sep 9 07:43:43 IST 2005

A recount of a robson ballot in the ACT in 2000 for only 200K voters
took a month.
This is what lead to the creation of eVACs, the ACT's voting application
for polling stations.

This ballot style already uses over-size paper and a fresh offset plate
is needed for each permutation. It is expensive to print.  Perhaps
larger scale laser printing might make this cheaper.