[E-voting] Compulsory voting

David GLAUDE dglaude at poureva.be
Fri Sep 9 19:57:45 IST 2005

I think the argument of fighting random bug (cosmic ray alike) is much
stronger than fighting fraud in the black box.

Talking about fraud make you look like a conspiracy theorist... many
will believe that vote fraud is something that is not happening in their
country but only in South America.

If you talk about random result to a politician that usualy get good
result... then he might be affraid to loose an election due to such a bug.

If you talk to a politician that alread pay a lot to get a positive
influance on his score (paying for the fraud) then he might understand
that he might not be the only one to benefit from that magic help and
that it might not work at all.

One interesting PR might be to send a fake anonymous letter to
politician offering them to help them be elected (and win the election)
inexchange for money. The trick is to recomend that they do implement
eVoting with the unmodified aquired system and that at no cost the
implement VVAT (otherwise the anonymous organisation will not be able to
help).

Once the letter is ended you can put a post-scriptum saying that it is a
fake but it can be true.

So it must look real kind of SCAM / SPAM / Get Elected Fast.

David GLAUDE