[E-voting] Compulsory voting

Andrew Ó Baoill andrew at funferal.org
Sun Sep 11 01:51:09 IST 2005

The PR system makes this more complex, though I suppose you could
decide on the validity of provisional votes at the same time that the
returning officer currently considers disputed ballots. Whether all
provisional votes could be decided in this timescale I am unsure.

[In a first pas the post system you can count the provisional ballots
at the end, or count them only if they can materially affect the
result. In PR you have to count them before beginning the second
round of counting.]

Andrew