[E-voting] Compulsory voting

Craig Burton caburt at alphalink.com.au
Sun Sep 11 12:23:05 IST 2005

The caller was more candid than I might have implied, they did not open
the discussion identifying themselves.  It was a guess on my part.  Yes,
it is stupid.  I think the use of REV might have precipitated it.
Perhaps not.
Still, I think coercion is a greater risk for EV.  Bev Harris made a
point of finding and contacting Diebold staff to make the point that
they were easy to find.  I think she found 16 technical people, from memory?
I'm surprised to read a citizen got a two year sentence for postal vote
personation.  Perhaps it was not a first offence, or perhaps the
sentence was suspended.  I wonder what the people in Birmingham got for
their part in postal fraud during the pilots recently.