[E-voting] public transportation fares reduced on voting day

Michael McMahon michael at hexmedia.com
Tue Sep 13 17:42:45 IST 2005

vote at electronic-vote.org wrote:

> We still have the legal right to be absent from work if we are choosen
> as polling stations workers. Infact local administrations randomly
> choose polling workers among all voting citizen, and such work is
> compulsory and it is paid by the State (120 euro for each simple
> worker and about 200 for each President).

Choosing election workers from the electorate at random seems like an
interesting idea, similar to jury-service I guess (but better compensated).
It also seems like a good way to engage people with the process.

I think David G. said that workers are chosen randomly in Belgium also.
I don't know how it is done in Ireland (or anywhere else for that matter).

Michael