[E-voting] public transportation fares reduced on voting day

Craig Burton caburt at alphalink.com.au
Thu Sep 15 02:27:21 IST 2005

Like jury duty someone also should vet who is selected.  I see some risk
in picking people who oppose the process or who are too disinterested.
Even the simple worker role requires some skill and patience and ability
to deal with the public.
OTOH random selection of the staff improves the process as it becomes
harder for any number of partisan actors to enlist for a specific
polling station.
Here people apply to do the poll station work and are paid.  I believe
they are vetted as well.