[E-voting] Parliamentary Reply

Keith Martin keith at keith.gs
Wed Apr 26 11:38:21 IST 2006

Hi all,

Dick Roche has answered our most recent Parliamentary Question
(although I use the term "answered" in the broadest sense possible, as
you'll see).

Text is below.  Thanks again to Ryan (& John Gormley) for helping
draft the question.  I haven't received any of the further
communications Roche mentions yet, but I'll forward them if/when I do.

Regards

KEITH

Question No.	946

Chun an Aire Comhshaoil, Oidhreachta agus Rialtais Áitiúil:
To the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government:

To ask the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government
the way in which the security and integrity of the electoral process
would be compromised, as stated in his reply to Parliamentary Question
No. 262 of 30 March 2006, if information (details supplied) was made
available to the Houses of the Oireachtas; the advice he received in
this regard; the source of such advice; and if he will make a
statement on the matter.
- Ruairi Quinn.

For WRITTEN answer on Tuesday, 25th April, 2006.

Ref No:   14244/06

REPLY

Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government (Mr. Roche):

I refer to the reply to Question No. 262 of 30 March 2006.  The
position in relation release of serial numbers of voting machines is
the same.

In relation to the other details sought in connection with this
Question, some 7504 voting machines in total have been purchased and
are in State ownership. I will communicate further with the Deputy in
relation to certain of the other details involved.