[E-voting] Joe on Eamon Dunphy on NewsTalk 106 at 7:05

Margaret McGaley mmcgaley at cs.nuim.ie
Fri Apr 28 09:34:53 IST 2006

It's on the front page of the Irish Times today.
http://www.ireland.com/newspaper/front/2006/0428/1190312100HM1VOTING.html
(I'm not sure everyone will be able to access that link, or how long it
will be available.)

To quote:
'The committee chairman, Michael Noonan of Fine Gael, said at the
report's launch that electronic voting was now "a dead duck". He said a
majority of TDs on the committee, including three members of Fianna
Fáil, believed the current system should be scrapped.'

Apparently the PDs passed a motion at their annual conference calling
for the system to be scrapped in favour of paper ballots. Was that
reported widely? I completely missed it.

Margaret