[E-voting] Joe on Eamon Dunphy on NewsTalk 106 at 7:05

Colm MacCarthaigh colm at stdlib.net
Fri Apr 28 15:10:08 IST 2006

On Fri, Apr 28, 2006 at 09:52:48AM -0400, Aengus Lawlor wrote:
> This was covered on Morning Ireland this morning as well, with FFs Sean
> Fleming, a member of the PAC, disputing the suggestion that the PAC
> recommended the scrapping of the system, insisting that "a million people
> have used these voting machines" (!!!!!), that there were no problems in the
> 8 (!!) constituencies that used them in pilots

I wonder, is some means by which we can notify Fianna Fáil that they
appear to have an above average delusional lunatic on their hands? Those
are simply staggering mis-assertions.

All the same. It proves we've won. If they can't even be bothered to
maintain an active briefing portfolio on the subject, it shows that
they've really lost any interest in it.

The risk of the system ever being used now is essentially zero, and I
don't think any credible observer - political or otherwise - could
suggest otherwise. For the last 2 years (to the day on Sunday) all
that's been happening is that Martin Cullen and Dick Roche have been
spending public money to delay the inevitable, and the consequences it
will have for their own political capital.

Colm MacCárthaigh                        Public Key: colm+pgp at stdlib.net