[E-voting] RE: Epic leak of commission report

Colm MacCarthaigh colm at stdlib.net
Sun Jul 2 19:59:00 IST 2006

On Sun, Jul 02, 2006 at 05:43:26PM +0100, Shane Hogan wrote:
> Oh man, this would be the best news I've had in yonks. The article
> does seem credible, so I'd be surprised if they had a wrong steer on
> this.

Well I think it's still premature to speculate on the report itself
just yet.

> Anyone know where Martin Cullen will be on Tuesday/Wednesday? I'd
> really like to present him with a copy of the report and ask him when
> he'll be refunding the state with the €55 million.

Should the report be as clear as indicated, the opposition should really
really try to hammer home that there was a gap of some 8 days, 2
joint-select committee meetings and a recommendation from that committee
that no money be spent on the system between when the Oireachtas was
informed in no uncertain terms of the clear problems and the contract
being signed under his authorisation.

This basic fact of timing has totally eluded the press and politicians
in the last two years.

Colm MacCárthaigh                        Public Key: colm+pgp at stdlib.net