[E-voting] RE: Epic leak of commission report

Colm MacCarthaigh colm at stdlib.net
Mon Jul 3 00:35:22 IST 2006

On Sun, Jul 02, 2006 at 10:38:20PM +0100, Shane Hogan wrote:
> I agree, and I'll be doing my best to make this happen in Labour, but let's
> not leave it to us politicos. ICTE & ICTE members should really be hammering
> home this issue too, and indeed it may get more respect coming from an
> independent source.

It's not our point to make in my opinion. It's a political matter. We
long ago chose to stick to the technical issues and the truth of those
matters. ICTE remains a single-issue body, and I don't see how that
issue is served by trying to harm the government politically. If the
Government choses to abandon the system, we should support that.

Even now, I think it would be a huge mistake to tarnish this principle.

Colm MacCárthaigh                        Public Key: colm+pgp at stdlib.net