[E-voting] Second report published

Casey, Dermot (GE Cons Fin) Dermot.Casey at ge.com
Wed Jul 5 09:37:12 IST 2006

Colm

Not sure if its Frank Bannister from looking at the TCD Policy institute website.

I think the risk model is poor - there is one done for the Reachservices Public Service Broker system which is publically available that is significantly superior and could have served a model. (see http://www.reach.ie/publications/ Paper 6 Broker Security Model - Pgs 59 -91)

My problem is that with a poor risk model the analysis is flawed and I'm concerned that they've let the vote recording software off the hook because of a poor model

Dermot

P.s. Its interesting to contrast the openess and availability of information on reachservice - whatever you think of it - with how difficulty it was to get similar information on the e-voting system