[E-voting] First draft press release

Margaret McGaley mmcgaley at cs.nuim.ie
Wed Jul 5 15:24:25 IST 2006

I think calling for a cost-benefit analysis is within the scope of what
we can comment on, but if you guys disagree we can take it out of the
press release. I can see where you're coming from by saying cost is
unimportant once we have a trustworthy system, but we *do* have an
acceptably trustworthy system (paper and pen), and I think the cost of
making this system acceptably trustworthy would need to be justified imho.

Margaret