[E-voting] First draft press release

Margaret McGaley mmcgaley at cs.nuim.ie
Wed Jul 5 15:32:41 IST 2006

Requirement 24 (part 9, page 203) says:
"The feasibility of implementing enhanced levels of audit within the
hardware of the chosen
system should be explored, including by means of the printer already
present in the voting
machine or by the further adaptation of the voting machine."

Which is closer than I ever expected them to get to requiring VVAT.

(by the way, the printed version of the report is now available from the
Gov. publications office)

Margaret