[E-voting] is there a problem with the ICTE website?

Aengus Lawlor aengusl at eircom.net
Wed Jul 5 19:39:23 IST 2006

On Wednesday, July 05, 2006 2:13 PM [EDT],
Catherine Ansbro <cansbro at eircom.net> wrote:

> When I go to the main page http://evoting.cs.may.ie/ and click on
> "view archives" it times out.  Same thing several times today. "Join" also
> timed out.
>
> I'm recommending BBV readers to look at the ICTE discussion forums,
> and it doesn't look like anyone will be able to see anything. Any
> suggestions?

There was a fire at an ESB substation in City West today that appears to
have impacted operations at at least one major data centre there - it would
appear that the lists.stdlib.net may have been affected too. (I notice that
it is in the same "Class A" address block as some other servers I was having
trouble with earier today).

Aengus