[E-voting] Next press release

Margaret McGaley mmcgaley at cs.nuim.ie
Thu Jul 6 15:17:55 IST 2006

I've been thinking about how long it took us to get that press release
out. I think it's a shame that we were so late with it. I propose that
we start work on another release and plan to use it at an opportune time
(if the minister makes some kind of statement or something). I think we
should probably cover the following: VVAT (obviously), the call for an
electoral commission (in the CEV report, and in the CoE code of good
practice in electoral matters [1]), and the need for in-depth
cost/benefit analysis before any decision is made to go ahead with the
system.

Thoughts?

Margaret

[1] http://www.venice.coe.int/docs/2002/CDL-AD(2002)023rev-e.asp