[E-voting] Next press release

Robert Cochran rcochran at catalyst.ie
Thu Jul 6 20:20:10 IST 2006

Margaret

> Thoughts?

I think we also need to state clearly that when the count software is being
redeveloped, then
(a) the tendering process must be transparent

(at least to ensure public confidence that the selected company has a clear
track record of building high quality secure systems with best practice
development processes; and that the tender request specifies those
aspects)

(b) the system requirements spec and the source code should both be
released to open peer review, in order to ensure trust in the system

(by open review, I don't mean open source - which would be politically
unacceptable I imagine - rather than they are made available for inspection
by anyone, and a public change control process put in place to deal with
any necessary suggested changes which arise from that)

Robert