[E-voting] Today's Irish Times

Margaret McGaley mmcgaley at cs.nuim.ie
Fri Jul 7 12:17:42 IST 2006

Possible quote for next press release:

"I think it's clear that we can't press ahead with e-voting unless we
fix all the security issues identified by the commission. The
manufacturers themselves have indicated that this is likely to be
prohibitively expensive. When you add the cost of the changes to each
individual machine, the purchasing of 7,000 more machines (because the
department did not buy enough in the first place), and the cost of
replacing the brains of the system -- the election management software
-- it's hard to justify continuing with this system."

Margaret