[E-voting] Today's Irish Times

Stan Nangle stan at voyager.ie
Fri Jul 7 14:17:59 IST 2006

IIRC, back in the mists of time, someone on this list did a calculation of the available
time for each voter based on the current number of machines, and the average number of
voters who vote in an election.

I think the answer was an average of less than three minutes per voter, and there is a
clause in the legislation which allows the Presiding Officer to reset the machine if a
voter takes too long before casting their vote.

OTOH, can anybody imagine Dick Roche standing up in the Dail to announce they are going
to buy 7000 additional machines because they got their sums wrong?

This is definitely a topic we should consider highlighting in a future Release IMHO.

Stan:

On Fri, 07 Jul 2006 12:29:59 +0100, Margaret McGaley wrote