[E-voting] proposed press release -- ICTE PREDICT E-VOTING SYSTEM WILL NEVER BE USED

Margaret McGaley mmcgaley at cs.nuim.ie
Mon Jul 10 16:19:31 IST 2006

First, well done to Joe on today's article. It reads very well, covers
pretty much everything, and it's very eye-catching.

Second, I'm planning to send the press release below tomorrow morning
unless anyone has any objections/suggestions. Can anyone remember
reading a quote from a returning officer saying he had used all the
spare machines available during one of the pilots, and had been very
grateful they were there because otherwise there would have been long
queues? I know I read it, but I can't remember where. I don't think it's
necessary to include it in the release, but if anyone picks up on it and
wants to do an interview I'd like to have it at my fingertips.

Margaret